Tuesday 29 April 2008

Slowly getting some sign-ups

Fr. Campbell at St. Paul's in Shettleston has been promoting prayingforpriests at his parish... and so he has FIVE people signed up to pray for him every day! I am going to have to urge more priests to do this. I know they have many, many things to keep track of and lots to put in their bulletins. But, I'm sure they all want people praying for them, so I'm going to gently remind them to put a notice in when they get the chance.

A reader has reminded me that there will be a worldwide day of prayer for the sanctification of priests on the 30th of May. I'm going to have to think of something special to do for that...

3 comments:

Marc said...

This is a great idea! I may have to start this in our Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis Minnesota USA.

I love Scotland!

Anonymous said...

If you said Tommy Burns Prayed for Priests you may get some more advocates. Or do you not want to subscribe to the Glasgow Archdiocese band wagon which purports Tommy, an exemplary human being and fantastic footballer, as more pious than
a. The catholic clergy or,
b. Any of number of "devout and enlightened" people (Notice! no revelatory mention of the Carmalites)
who have literally given their life to the "Faith".

Testian.

Anonymous said...

Hello
Tomorrow is a good day to start a novena for priests, finishing on the 30th.